Friday, December 15, 2017

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)




Overall: 12
This is another retread of the same old Star Wars story, but I enjoyed myself. It is worth watching, but does not have the magic that made me love the originals.

Entertainment: 4 (Like)
This is not the original trilogy, but it is not as bad as the 56% rotten tomato user rating either. I think the initial inflated critics reviews of 93% got people's hopes too high. I enjoyed this one as much as The Force Awakens, but I went in expecting a 56%.

Writing: 3 (Neutral)
The writing had problems, and is almost in my dislike category. It only avoids that because the overall story hung together well enough. Like The Force Awakens, the writing felt derivative. You will not see anything new. Some characters had character development, but others had a fair amount of screen time with character development that seemed stilted. A lot of the comedy fell completely flat.

Presentation: 5 (Strongly Like)
The visuals in the film were really beautiful, EXCEPT some digital effects that looked like a video game. If it weren't for the digital effects and some weird space physics items I found distracting, I may have leaned toward a 6 (Love) on this. As for the acting, it was decent and in line with The Force Awakens.

No comments:

Post a Comment