Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Frozen (2013)



Overall: 15
I'll keep this brief. Do you like Disney? Do you like broadway? Then you will very likely love Frozen. My kids all loved it, and I thought it was excellent too.

Entertainment: 5
Frozen is a brave story in a way the movie Brave never was. It is thoughtful in that it addresses the standard princess love story without following the same old script. I also enjoyed most of the music.

Writing: 5
The writing in this is mostly strong, and were it not for the almost extraneous snowman character (and his songs/problems), along with a few lack-of-character-development issues for the prince(s), I would have given this a 6 on writing. Still, a very strong showing, as the writers reconsidered standard Disney assumptions about love and heroism.

Presentation: 5
The presentation is beautiful, clean, and creative--though there was no moment where I was blown away. The voice acting was wonderful, and the singing exceptionally talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment