Friday, July 5, 2013

World War Z (2013)



Entertainment: 4
This movie has some problems, and is barely in the like range for entertainment. If you want some suspense and tense moments, this movie delivers. Unfortunately, that is all it delivers.

Writing: 2
This problem with this movie stems from the script, which is unoriginal and lacking in depth. The characters have no growth throughout a nearly two hour show. Gerry (Brad Pitt), the main character, is the same man at the end as he was in the beginning. Also, this is a plot light movie with no big reveals and an anticlimactic ending. I have not read the book, but I understand the movie does not follow it closely.

Presentation: 3
The visuals were fine, but nothing that really captured me. They were effective enough to create some intense moments, but nothing else. Brad Pitt is a fantastic actor, but this was not one of his award winning performances in my mind. I feel very neutral about all the presentation aspects of this show.

Overall: 9 out of 21
At a total of nine points, this averages out to a neutral showing for me. I would only recommend watching this movie if you really love zombie flicks, or if you are in the mood to watch something tense that does not require much attention.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment